Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I keep up with software technologies?

Like many other software professionals, I have been focusing on a fairly narrow area of the software world . Personally, I've been working with C++ and web based operational challenges. I would very much like to keep apprised of other technologies that are making great progress, some that come to mind are Programming languages (Java, .Net, Ruby, Flash), Web operations and supporting HW, Network technologies and so on.





One way to do that is to just learn from area focused books, but that would be extremely time consuming and what I'm looking for is more a long the lines of: high level overviews of what's out there, strength/weaknesses, comparisons and what's used and where.





Are there any books, online classes, magazines, web sites, or blogs that would be targetting this sort of knowledge? I realize that it's a moving target, but what isn't in this field?





Thanks!

How do I keep up with software technologies?
You can join the online forums on the platforms that you are currently interested in, and most of the time they mention new technologies in threads. You can also watch computer TV shows such as G4TechTV, and read computer technology news websites such as arstechnica.com and others.

love song

No comments:

Post a Comment