Friday, May 21, 2010

Want to setup wifi router to use my p.c's internet account for my laptop. please guide me on this?

i have an internet account on my p.c. running on windows 98.


just recently bought a laptop and a lynksis wifi router to use the internet on that.


i have taken the ethernet "out" from my pc *(which already has the internet connection- the isp has some sort of dialer) and put it into the routher.


i intend to use the net from my laptop through the router which will recieve the connection from the p.c which has the connection. and broadcast it so i can use it on the laptop.





it dosent seem to work.





if anu one has tried this and is successful please guide me.





thank you.





jrmerchant@gmail.com


00919909607040

Want to setup wifi router to use my p.c's internet account for my laptop. please guide me on this?
Uh... your isp has a dialer? You have DSL? The way most broadband internet companies work nowadays is to give you a line that connects to a modem, which then connects to your computer. If you want to use a router, you place the ethernet cable that connects the modem to your router instead (normally into the WAN port). Then, place another ethernet from your router (ports 1-4 or 1-8, depending on how big of a router you have) to your computer of choice. You can use more cables to connect more computers.

song downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment