Friday, May 21, 2010

When your asthma acts up, is it common to feel lightheaded?

My chest is sort of tight, but I feel really lightheaded. Been cleaning the attic where I'm encountering a lot of dust, which I'm allergic to. Had to take a short break b/c I feel kind of lightheaded. I'm not gasping for air or anything. Just tight in the chest.





Is it common that an asthma attack could happen and you just feel a little tightness and also lightheaded?

When your asthma acts up, is it common to feel lightheaded?
Very much so-I myself experience that with every single asthmatic episode I've ever had. What you have to remember is that part of asthma can be the cutting off of oxygen rich blood to the lungs and this causes a shortness of breath, dizziness and even lightheadedness. This is your brain's signal to you to breathe deeper and slower.


When you clean and dust, take a breathing treatment or puff on your inhaler beforehand, always wear a mask and take it slowly...that stuff isn't as important as your body's drive to breathe.
Reply:Having asthma myself yes you are to feel light headed when that happend to me i just drank a glass of water and laid down for about 10 mins and used my inhaler. I hope this helps just stay calm and it wont get worse. good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment