Monday, May 24, 2010

If I change my hard drive, what do I have to do to bring my computer back on line?

Do I use the recovery disks to reboot the computer or should I make a boot disk before removing the old hard drive? Or should I do some sort of transfer of the old drive to the new drive? I have a full back up of the C drive on a portable drive unit that I can restore back to the ne hard drive. Would that be sufficient to get me back in business or do I need another input?

If I change my hard drive, what do I have to do to bring my computer back on line?
If you already have the whole drive backed up, then all you need to do is install the new one, and boot up to the utility you used to do the backup.





Then you just restore your backup to the new drive..
Reply:they now have new programs that can transfer all programs from one hard drive to another. If your system crashed you'll have to reload windows on the new hard drive. You might be able to save songs n photos from old hard drive. Make sure u have a virus scan on first newer one.


No comments:

Post a Comment